Invisalign is a teeth straightening technique that's meant to provide patients wanting a beautiful, straight smile without the need for metal braces.
Clear plastic, removable aligners (what clear braces are referred to) are used in this method, which are considerably less obvious than conventional braces.
This cutting-edge technique allows the dentist to create a customized treatment plan and fit customized aligners for a completely metal-free teeth-straightening experience by combining sophisticated 3D imaging and CAD/CAM technology.
What is the Invisalign process like?
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you through it:
- Invisalign treatment begins with the first consultation, where Our Dentist in Parker, CO reviews your teeth structure and decides whether Invisalign is suitable for you.
- The dentist will produce a comprehensive treatment strategy once you've been assessed suitable, taking into account your habits and dental history.
- The dentist will take X-ray impressions, dental moulds, and images of your teeth and send them to Align Technology, the developers of Invisalign, in order to customize a set of braces based on your precise teeth dimensions.
- The Align dental experts will take a CT scan of your dental mould, and based on advanced technology, they'll predict how your teeth will be positioned.
- For each stage of your dental recovery, a digital image will be produced. Based on the digital images, Invisalign aligners are made to fit you perfectly.
- You'll be able to follow the treatment's progress and how your smile is restored at each stage through Invisalign's digitalization software. For each Invisalign arch, 20-30 aligners are typically utilized.
- You will be given the first set of aligners once they are available, which is normally within a month following the impression-taking appointment.
- In order for the Invisalign braces to fit correctly on your teeth, the doctor may do minor filings on your teeth.
- The braces should be worn at all times (approximately 20-22 hours) during the day, with the exception of eating and drinking, for the best effects.
- Every two weeks or so, you'll be prompted to switch to a new aligner as directed in the course.
- We'll check in with you every 6-8 weeks to see how you're doing. Another set of aligners will be given to you to wear until your next appointment.
- Although Invisalign is far more convenient than traditional metal dental braces, it will take some patience on your side to stick with the program.
Is Invisalign an option for me?
Invisalign is a tooth straightening treatment that works for both adults and children. For most misaligned teeth, Invisalign is an effective solution. There are, however, certain cases in which more precise control of the teeth is required, such as impacted molars, tooth extraction closures, teeth with low bone levels, and so on.
These circumstances necessitate greater control over the teeth's movement; it may be difficult to do so using a removable aligner in these situations.
That is why we advise scheduling an initial consultation with our dentist so that he or she can advise you on the most appropriate treatment for your unique dental situation.
Are you seeking an alternative to metal braces to straighten your teeth?
Our friendly dental team at The Parker Dentist would love to help you out – just give us a ring at (720) 851-5020