Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign clear aligners help older teens and adults of all ages get the straight smile they want without metal braces. Instead of brackets and wires attached to your teeth, Invisalign’s crystal clear aligners are customized to move your teeth gently into perfect alignment.
Having an even, symmetrical smile has many aesthetic benefits. Best of all, you’ll enjoy renewed confidence because you don’t have to worry about flaws like crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth. If you are looking for an Invisalign dentist in Parker, look no further than Dr. Amber Schmidt.
A Straighter, Healthier Smile with Invisalign
Beyond aesthetics, Invisalign treatment offers oral health benefits because straight teeth are healthy teeth. There are several reasons to consider straightening your teeth with Invisalign:
- Crooked or tightly spaced teeth can be difficult to brush and floss. Perfectly aligned teeth, however, allow you to clean all surfaces of your teeth thoroughly. Better oral hygiene means fewer problems like cavities and gum disease.
- Teeth that aren’t perfectly aligned lead to dental bite problems and uneven wearing of your teeth. In turn, this can cause teeth grinding, headaches, and TMJ problems.
- Protruding teeth are more likely to be damaged in an accident, so straightening them also decreases your risk of dental trauma.
- Straight teeth make it easier to chew foods like fresh vegetables and can help you maintain a healthier diet.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligner Therapy
There are many reasons adult patients in Parker and Aurora choose Invisalign clear aligner therapy:
- Invisalign’s smooth plastic aligners won’t irritate tender mouth tissue
- Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can enjoy all your favorite foods, and oral hygiene is easy.
- Invisalign's aligners are crystal-clear, so they blend in with your smile, and most people won’t notice you’re wearing them.
Many people don’t know that teeth can be moved at any point in your life, so even patients in their 60s, 70s, and 80s may be good candidates for Invisalign. Treatment times will be longer, but it’s never too late to get the beautiful, straight smile you want.
Getting Started with Invisalign
Dr. Schmidt will first perform an evaluation that includes taking digital images, x-rays, and intraoral photos of your teeth. If she determines you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, she uses specialized software to plan treatment and map out how your teeth will move during each stage of treatment.
An Invisalign lab fabricates several sets of aligners customized to our specifications, and you should wear each for about two to three weeks. You will then move on to the next set of aligners, wear them for the prescribed time, and continue this way until you have used them all, and the aligner phase of treatment is over.
You need to wear a retainer after any kind of orthodontic treatment to avoid your teeth relapsing into their crooked position. You invested a lot in straightening your smile and wearing a retainer as instructed to maintain results just makes sense.
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign clear braces work for older teens and adults who want a straighter smile but don’t want the inconvenience of metal braces. Whether you want to perfect your smile for a big event like a wedding, reunion, or business presentation, Dr. Schmidt would love to talk to you about Invisalign.
Please call our Parker, CO dental office to schedule an appointment to get started.